We all know that a healthy diet and regular physical activity are the keys to losing and maintaining weight. However, they are not the only factors that influence our health – in fact, there are many habits we do every morning that is making us gain weight without being aware of it.
Here are the morning habits sabotaging your weight loss goals:
Not Drinking Warm Water In The Morning
- Drinking a tall glass of warm water in the morning will get your digestion and metabolism working and help your body work properly.
- Implementing this habit into your morning routine will also prevent you from overeating later in the day and boost your energy levels, so why not try it?
- Not stretching in the morning is a big mistake, as stretching allows your muscles to loosen up and prevents cramps and soreness.
- Of course, you need to go gently in order to avoid injuries but stretching in the morning will surely boost your energy levels during the day.
- Did you know that meditation can actually help you lose weight?
- It reduces our cortisol levels and blood pressure thanks to the deep breathing.
- Cortisol is known as the stress hormone and whenever it’s up, you’re definitely going to gain some weight.
Choosing Uncomfortable Clothes
- When you’re getting ready for work, you should choose loose fitting clothes.
- This will help you motivate yourself to go for a walk on your lunch break more than if you’re wearing uncomfortably tight outfit.
Checking Your Phone First
- If the first thing you do in the morning is checking your phone first, you’re only burning time for stretching, exercise or breakfast.
- The e-mails from work can get you distracted, resulting in skipping breakfast which is detrimental to your weight loss goals.
Skipping The Scale
- According to a new study, people who weight themselves every day are more successful in their weight loss goals.
- Track your weight every day and you’ll be able to follow your progress easier.