Are you one of those people who are always tired and sleepy? Do you need more sleep? What can you do to help yourself feel more rested and energized so you can get through the day?
- ‘University Health Press’’ states that yoga is great for helping treat fatigue caused by fibromyalgia, anxiety or depression.
- It’s not just for those with a medical problem, though.
- Those who are perfectly healthy but struggle with chronic fatigue may find relief by practicing yoga.
- Drinking warm milk before bed can help you get a good night’s sleep.
- ‘‘WebMD’’ points out that doctors and scientists aren’t exactly sure why it works, but studies have shown that it does indeed help people sleep.
- If you’re fatigued because you have trouble falling asleep try a glass of warm milk before bed.
- Sometimes all your body needs is a little energy boost.
- According to the ‘‘National Sleep Foundation, taking a power nap, a 20- or 30-minute nap, will give you the alertness you need to get through the rest of your day.
- When fatigue hits, snacking is a common way to try to stay awake.
- Unfortunately, too many people eat comfort foods at this point.
- ‘‘WebMD’’ recommends eating snacks that boost energy instead.
- Grab things that are high in protein and fiber and low in carbohydrates.
- Although this may seem contradictory, if you are struggling with fatigue, maybe you need to start an exercise regimen.
- ‘‘WebMD’’ shares that regular exercise actually increases energy and reduces fatigue.
- Start slowly and build up to a reasonable amount of exercise, but this should definitely hit your list.